[Dailydrool] Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 19:07:54 PDT 2012

First off, I want to thank all that responded to me request for help.   On
Thursday morning, Ben refused everything, period, even water.  Nothing
tempted him.  So I made an appointment at the Vet, and took him in at  10:50.
We were there until after 12:00.  The vet gave him a thorough  exam and said
we could give him an anti nausea shot and go home and see what  happens or
they would do x-rays, draw blood and give him the shot.  Well,  as I had
planned on taking him in for x-rays on his wonkie leg, I went with the  second
idea.  They took x-rays and it showed gas in the stomach and in the
intestines, which went along with the diagnosis of an upset tummie, as he was  doing
a lot of lop smacking.  At least no organs were enlarged or any  tumors
showed up.  Also nothing bad showed up on his leg, except that it is
arthritic.  So we canceled our trip to the cottage to nurse him.  He  is, as of
today, eating better, and I actually got a half cup of dry kibble,  mixed with
rice and burger, into him.  He is eating better and hopefully  will continue
to improve.  The blood work came back negative.

Douglas