[Dailydrool] Ben

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Jun 2 21:13:01 PDT 2012

What's happening with Ben sounds a lot like our Holly, she has a very touchy
tummy and gets "garbage gut" when she manages to eat crap (sometimes
literally) out of yards on our walks.  There is also some kind of nut that
falls from some type of tree locally in certain seasons that she adores
snagging, and it's guaranteed to make her sick in less than an hour.  It's
not that I don't try to keep her from eating junk when we walk, she's just
very fast and sneaky.  My point here is, if Ben gets sick every time you go
to your vacation home, he is probably eating something "wonderful" there
that he doesn't find at home, and it's making him sick, just like Holly.  It
could be anything, and the only way you're going to stop the garbage gut is
to watch him like a hawk and figure out what goody he has found and then try
to eliminate it (good luck on that one!).  I keep Holly's Pink Stuff
(Pepto-Bismol) in the refrigerator at all times, along with a baby medicine
squirter in the kitchen.  In other words, the little stinker is too fast for
me most times.  At the first refusal to eat we break out the Pepto and it
almost always cures the problem in a very short time.  Good luck, a
determined Basset scrounger is difficult to defeat!!

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net