[Dailydrool] Atopica

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 06:45:27 PDT 2012

Our Holly started on Atopica last fall, because her ears were so bad. We did the loading dose, then managed to ease off during the winter. But once spring came, her ears gunked up again and her front paws started itching. Eventually I decided I had to do something more, and we increased the dose of Atopica again. She has just finished some predinisone, in an attempt to break the itching cycle. I'm not sure that will work long term, as we'd hoped. I've seen her chewing on those red paws again.

Atopica has been great, by and large, but I'm not sure we won't sometimes have to give her another medication to keep the itchies at bay.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets