[Dailydrool] Allergy update

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:34:56 PDT 2012

Everyone knock on wood somewhere.  Bugsey just got back from the vet and
his ears are holding their own.  For us, we finally broke down and made the
switch to Science Diet z/d.  My vet takes pictures of the insides of my
dogs ears and they are on file forever.  So, we were able to look at his
ears on the same regiment while he was eating lamb and rice and then z/d.
According to the test results, he is not allergic to lamb and rice.  The
difference is huge and this has all been during grass season.  We still
have him on a low dose of pred every other day which we are hoping to be
able to discontinue after grass season.  We also changed ear cleaners.

My guys are allergic to mosquitoes and gnats as well.  That is why we use
Vectra.  It is a miracle drug for us.  Beauford has now been on his new
shots for a year and you wouldn't even know he has horrible allergies to
look at him.  I am hoping to have the same results with Bugsey.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn