[Dailydrool] Regarding kennel cough, dog parks and Vectra

Brenda Slone-Vasquez pippaslone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:46:15 PDT 2012

I am also one that reads the daily drool but very rarely post, mostly
because I don't want my feelings hurt should someone not agree with what I
say! So what I am about to add is my personal experience, good or bad and
isn't that really what we all should appreciate about the
drool.......different opinions, ideals and experiences.

Regarding kennel cough....despite being vaccinated, Pippa Girl got kennel
cough and I thought she was going to die. She did recover and the vet felt
like she had gotten it from the dog park.

Regarding dog parks....Pippa Girl was attacked and had her front leg
broken. After a long recovery she can still run and play. My vet said he
saw more accidents from dog parks than anywhere else. I have never been
back nor will I ever go to another dog park. Also I am now never without
pepper spray when I have my dogs with me!

Regarding Vectra.....I was very cautious about trying something new, but
honestly you can google any flea treatment and you will find some negative
and postitive comments. So far my girls have done fine with it and NO
fleas....yaaaay!

I love reading about the many adventures of the four leggers! I laugh, cry
and smile! I look so forward to reading Elder Clara's posts and after
seeing her beautiful picture and hearing such great things about her I have
decided that when the time comes that I can add another hound to my life,
it will certainly be a senior that needs some love and care in their golden
years!

Brenda.....how blessed I am that God chose me to love and care for Pippa
Girl and Daisy Mae:)