[Dailydrool] HolyCow! How could I not have realized?!

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:31:46 PDT 2012

After getting a response from both Bev and Dale that Rupert was likely
attempting to bloat, it really confirmed my fear.

It had briefly crossed my mind last night in the midst of his "issue" but I
was half asleep and just not thinking clearly...plus it was the middle of
the night so I did not think it was likely. However after refreshing my
memory by reading all of the symptoms online and re-watching the video that
was posted several months back, I am pretty certain that Ru was indeed
attempting to bloat. So utterly scary looking back. Once he laid down, we
did administer liquid gas-x but only because we assumed it was an upset
stomach. Rupert has never had gastro issues, other than the time he ate the
plug about 4 years ago. Cowboy is my hound with the sensitive stomach and
we always treat him with infant gas-x.

Holy cow! My heart is racing just thinking about how lucky we actually
were. I will be keeping a close eye on Ru and will keep the gas-x near the
bed from now on. I honestly don't think I'd ever read (or noticed) that it
often happens in the middle of the night, but apparently it is common and
we experienced it last night.

Thank you Momperson (Bev) and Clueless Momperson (Dale) for opening my
eyes.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert