[Dailydrool] Leaky old males

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Fri Jun 8 20:57:06 PDT 2012

Our ancient female lab mix is on DES for incontinence, and now we have
an elderly male bulldog who is starting to leak. He doesn't pee in the
house, but leaves a little trail here and there, especially if excited
-- like at mealtime. If he barks (and he does all through meal prep) he
leaks a little -- somewhat like his owners who do the same when they
cough or sneeze.

Realizing correctly that DES is only for females, we asked vet if there
was anything for males and Proin was suggested. Has anyone tried this
and does it help?

Riche