[Dailydrool] BABB Update

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Jun 9 11:57:47 PDT 2012

Happy weekend droolers.
1st heart healing drool to Truman, Jake, Percy, CindyLou, and Honey's families.  May they live forever in the magic of your memories.

Well it has been a crazy 2 weeks here with the Bad A** Basset Brothers.  Last week Ruger went to the vet with what i thought was bloat but ended up being a stomach virus.  Puking, nasty diarrhea, belly pain. This week it was Colt's turn, Tuesday I was awakened at 1am by him whining.  Went to see what he was upset about and found his Monday's undigested breakfast puked up. (yes breakfast because he had refused to eat dinner). So since the Dadperson was off Tuesday-Wednesday he took Colt to the vet for me and then spent his time off playing nurse maid to Colt. Ruger seemed to bounce back quicker then what Colt has but now both hounds seem to be feeling better.  Well until this morning...I got up and found diarrhea in their bedroom.  I assumed it was Colt still with slight upset tummy.  But around 1230pm I went to take a shower and then hear the Hubby "expleative...BAD...OMG!!!...Disgusting...mor bad words"!  I'm in the still in the shower...I figure that it was Colt with another bout of diarrhea, but after getting out of the shower, getting dressed and then tracking down the DH...who had sent both hounds to their room. I find out that it was Ruger who was butt painting the hallway brown.  "Crap!"  So I'll gave give both hounds somemore antibiotics for another day or two.  Both hounds seem to be feeling better but are still having the squishy butts.

Also Ruger will start Allergy/Atopica phase 2 on Monday. 50mg of Atopica along with 200mg of Ketoconazole. One tablet of each medication, every other day.  Total cost $70.00 for 30 day supply.  I'll let you all know how he does on it.  So far after Phase 1 the loading dose (100mg capsule every day)  he is doing very well with his allergies...no issues since starting it. We also do the wet cloth wipe downs and if he is going outside for very long he gets a t-shirt put on, just to help as added preventatives. Colts allergies are still being well controled with generic zyrtec and wipe downs.

Kacy, We sure hope that Rupert is doing better.  I am so glad that either consciously or unconsciously you gave him gas-x and that it worked.  I knew about bloat, but never realized it was so prevalent until I started reading the DD.  None of the previous hounds every had a bloat issue.  However both Colt and Ruger both have had bloating scares and thank God and doG that I was home and got gas-x down them in time and that it helped. I don't know which is scarier...bloat or seizures!

Love and Drool to all
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brother with the Nasty A**, squishy butts.
Colt "Wasn't me"
Ruger "I'm sorry...I couldn't make it to the door...after all I was guarding the momma while she was in the shower"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...