[Dailydrool] Chinese Products

Karen Markisenis kmarkisenis at hvc.rr.com
Sat Jun 9 15:59:40 PDT 2012

Like Kathy, I try very hard not to buy ANYTHING made in China for a multitude of reasons: environmental, political, social (i.e. human rights), economical, etc.  And like she said, it is a pain in the ass.  But the way I figure it, I have X amount of $$$ to spend and I will spend it in a way that does not enable unscrupulous companies to benefit financially. How many animals and humans (worldwide) need to be sickened before people wake up to what is happening over there?  How many living things (flora & fauna) need to be harmed?  I am amazed how many people continue to purchase products made there simply because they "are cheaper".  Cheaper?  I think not.  Not in the long run!
Karen