[Dailydrool] behind on drools, calendar day, Gotcha Day & cysts (YUCK!)

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:58:03 PDT 2012

I'm hopelessly behind on reading drools! I'm hoping to get caught up, but I
think it'll be awhile... So many leaving for the bridge! Condolences to
those who have lost a houndy or other 2 or 4 legger!

June 1 was Joey & Emma's calendar day, and I've been remiss on not posting
about it for quite awhile! I wound up having to run around & e-mail a bunch
of people to make sure that my exams were posted so I could 'officially'
graduate, that I nearly forgot that it was even their calendar day!
Thankfully, however, a few of my co-workers love the 'Basset a day'
calendar (a.k.a. 'the daily cute'), and pointed it out.

June 1 also marked Joey's 5th Gotcha Day! Hard to believe it's been 5 years
since that big moosh came into my family's lives! Now, I have 2 hounds, my
parents have 2 bagels & 2 soon to be fostersnolonger. Needless to say, the
hounds have taken over! hehe Joey's about 8.5-9-ish now, and he has slowed
down a bit, more so since he lost the eyeball... He doesn't jump up to get
in the car, or onto the bed, etc. He will, however, still jump up on the
futons and what not, so go figure on that one, eh? I know that his depth
perception is a bit messed up, with only having the one eyeball, so I'm
sure this will improve steadily as he gets used to it. Otherwise, he's
still a big, goofy mooshy basset!

Joey also had a cyst rupture last Thursday evening, and last Friday
morning, he was all swollen & red & looked (and smelled) aweful! Needless
to say, my parents took him to the vet's, and it turned out that he had a
sebaceous cyst that decided to rupture. He must've been in a lot of pain,
as he kept flipping his nose & head back, trying to get them to stop. This
hound has NEVER tried to bite ANYONE, so he must've been miserable! Vetman
tried to lance it, and said that it would be more like surgery than
lancing, so they sent him home with pain meds, anti-inflammatory meds & of
course antibiotics. Mom says he's doing MUCH better, and the spark is back
in the old fart! He did, however, lean against the back of the futon, right
where the cyst was, and started bleeding all over the place, so he's still
not 100% yet... But, he's A LOT better than Friday, and he's getting extra
attention 'cause his grandpawrents are putting a hot compress on his side,
hoping to help the cyst drain. We all know that this happens a lot, but any
drool that could be slung his way would be appreciated. Emma, on the other
paw, is doing fine! She's plenty sassy, and also demands attention, but
that's about average!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473