[Dailydrool] No Good Deed...

Blasier, Melissa mblasier at newhall.k12.ca.us
Mon Jun 11 08:44:14 PDT 2012

I decided to take my two year old Desi on a special mother/son outing
yesterday - with four dogs we try to give each of them one-on-one time
with Mommy or Daddy every now and then.  Desi is a high energy boy and
sometimes one group walk just doesn't cut it.  I snuck him into the car
and off we went to Pet Smart where he sniffed some other dogs and chose
a treat to chomp on while I did a couple of errands.  On the way home we
drove around our little country town trying to find a good spot to take
a walk.  We ended up going to the park where there was a group playing
softball.  There is a dirt walking trail that goes around the perimeter
of the park pretty far away from the ball diamonds so I thought that
would be a good route.  We were trotting along minding our own business
when all of a sudden I hear men yelling and carrying on.  Finally one of
them came running over to us and told us we couldn't be there because
they were playing their game.  I thought he was joking at first and then
looked around and noticed that the whole game had come to a screeching
halt and everyone was staring at us, including the spectators!   I
grabbed Desi's leash to try and make a quick exit when he stopped right
in front of the angry crowd, squatted down and took a big steaming poop!
I was beyond mortified - I desperately looked around for a bag (they had
a dispenser but it was WAY down the trail and I was afraid the mob would
get even more agitated if I tried to reach it) - with everyone now
yelling at me to "clean up after your dog" - we slunk away and made a
beeline for the car.  NEVER a dull moment with Bassets!

Melissa
Slave to Hank, Desi, Mimsy & Duke