[Dailydrool] toothpaste, treats and dog food

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:20:18 PDT 2012

First off, wanted to say that we gave the Tropiclean Gel a shot. I brushed
it on just because my guys are trained to come to "their" counter after
they eat and get their pills and their teeth brushed.  I got a third of the
way through the bottle and instead of coming to me, they were running from
me because they just didn't like the taste of the gel. Finally the DH said
to please throw the bottle away and go back to the C.E.T. In terms of
results, it seemed to be doing fine. I don't know that it was removing any
more tartar than the C.E.T., but it wasn't building up either. I have used
the Petrodex in the past and I don't like it as much as the C.E.T. I really
like the vanilla mint flavor. There is just something satisfying about
brushing everyone's teeth and them having minty fresh breath. It is just
lacking when I have to use chicken. I have had to use chicken on a few dogs
that I rescued when they were older. If they are a puppy or massively
allergic to chicken, I try them on vanilla mint. Most of the flavors are
rather synthetic, but if you know you are allergic to something you usually
develop a distaste for it.

Treats from China...not in my house.  Toys from China..,no.  Am I willing
to pay $3 for something not from China?  Yep, probably a little more.
First off, they have no respect for our concept of dogs as members of our
family. They poisoned our toothpaste. They put lead paint in toys for our
Summer Reading Program prizes for BABIES.  I don't know why we are shocked
that they don't care about our pets. The way they treat their own people is
beyond shocking and I don't want to fund that. Now that I am not working, I
am getting better at making all kinds of different treats. Maybe one of
these days I will venture into making dog food. I just am not brave enough
yet.

Dog Food. Yes, Diamond had an accident. They came forward and told everyone
they had an accident before dogs and cats were killed. They voluntarily
recalled tons of food. How many other dog food companies have done that? I
do not feed a Diamond Food, but I do feed food that is produced at a
Diamond plant--Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Lamb and Rice and Chicken
Soup for the Puppy Lovers Soul. The third one does not. He is sending me to
the poor house eating Science Diet z/d Ultra. I talked to the owner of the
Petstore and we discussed options. We decided that in the grand scheme of
things, The foods my dogs are on are excellent for them and they look
great. Beauford doesn't really have a lot of other options. Browyn does,
but the vet was very adamant that he wants her on a PUPPY food not just an
all life stages food until she is a year old at least because she had such
a rough beginning (kennel cough, parvo and unstable blood sugar all before
she was 4 months old).  He likes the way she looks now and doesn't want any
changes.

Just a note since I know Browyn's Aunt Jan and Aunt Maggie will be
wondering why on earth she is getting medicine. As sick as she was, she
doesn't need any true medicine any more, but the boys do get medicine. So,
when she is done eating, Browyn runs to the counter and sits to get her
Blue Buffalo Chicken bits. We always tell her she could die without them.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn