[Dailydrool] Suggestions please

Speedster speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 13:20:02 PDT 2012

I have been very remiss with the drool and from reading the titles on emails we know that much drool is needed and bridge gates closed. The boys are sending all their heart healing drool to all those that have a broken heart.

Here at Casa de Speedy, as we have given in to call it, are doing well. Speedy is just as spoiled as ever and Rambo follows at an insanely close second. However we are in needed of suggestions.

You see, I have been annoying the DH to foster a hound. He keeps saying no - he probably get attached and want to keep it. Instead we convince him to foster a shar pei from Rambo's rescue.

We got our 1st foster on Sunday. She is a cute delicate 6 yr with a medical condition. She doesn't process protein like a normal dog so she is On a prescription diet. The problem is she hates the food. She eats a little and then refuses to eat it. I have mixed the food with yogurt. Tried some cheddar cheese, chicken broth. Someone at work suggested cottage cheese. Still she just plays with it and walks away. I gave a little to the boys  to see if they thought it was terrible and they tried to eat the entire bag so I think she is just picky. She does like regular kibble though (which of course she can't have as a regular diet).

My question is: does anyone have a picky eater? And is so what do you add to entice them to eat the actual kibble?

Ps if she goes on regular kibble it will go right through her and she'll lose the weight the rescue tried so hard to put on her so switching foods is really not an option. She already tried two other brands of the prescription food.

Sent from my iPhone