[Dailydrool] Funny description of Basset, discovery of a new vocation

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 00:42:48 PDT 2012

I was talking to someone today about our dogs. The person exclaimed "Basset hounds. Yes, I know exactly what those are. Those are the dogs that look like huge beagles that have melted!" Loved the image.
And I have discovered a way HArley could easily earn the money to pay off his dog sitting debts--except I don't think it would be legal where we live. There are a Number of street beggars here in Florence. The most effective one I've seen has been an elderly man who sat in the shade behind an absolutely adorable dog on a leash--dog looked to be a llhaso apso mIxes with something longer legged. The dog sat still smIling and making eye contact with passersby on the street. In front of the dog was a metal dog bowl with coins in it and a small sign saying "I'm hungry" in three languages. Few dog lovers could walk by without stopping to put in a coin and pet that pooch. Harley would earn a fortune at this, were he only here in Italy. Ciao, Val

Bill