[Dailydrool] LuLu at the vet again

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 15 17:06:03 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Yes, they do call me that for a reason.  So .... first off .... big shocker here
..... Bev was right.  Yup, big shocker there right?

So, I was looking at LuLu's foot and the bump wasn't changing .... just hanging
out.  She's been on antibiotics 10 days.  Now, Bev told me to go ahead and give
her the antibiotics but to sure as #*@$ NOT wait 2 weeks until I took her to a
real vet.  You know, someone who makes some kind of logical sense when you talk
to them.

So .... I called the vets office on Wednesday and I told them to put a note in
my file to NEVER and I mean NEVER let Dr Newbie (that's not his name but I swear
it should be) touch one of my furkids.  There is one vet still there who I love
and have for years.  Unfortunately she has small kids now and works like 4 days
a month.  So I called on Wednesday and I said "Next time Dr Heddin is in I want
her to see LuLu."   They said "oh, really, wow that's tough, she's really
popular, for some reason nobody wants to see the other doctors.  We have an 8AM
or a 3:45 on Friday.  That's it for this week.  Either of those work?"  So, Dr
Heddin saw her at 3:45 today.

And she had read her entire file before she set foot in the exam room (go
figure).  And she went over every inch of my baby girl from the tip of her nose
to the tip of her toes to her tail.  And then she said "Dale, I'm worried about
her teeth.  One canine has already been removed and look, the gum is way
receeded from the other and this is serious, it releases bacteria into her
bloodstream and affects her overall health.  You simply have to have her teeth
cleaned."  Ummmm .... Dr Heddin I'm hear about her toe.  Heavy sigh.  Remember.
She's known me a long time.  "Dale, she has a bump on her foot.  Do you want me
to remove it when I clean her teeth?"  Ummmm .... can't you just lance it or
something.  Pause.  Another sigh.  "Dale, LuLu needs her teeth cleaned.
Seriously.  Other than that she seems fine.  If you want me to remove any bumps
or warts when I clean her teeth then I will.  Ok?"

Ummmmm  OK.  So they gave me the estimate.  It's like $500 to clean her teeth
and remove the bump.  And another $220 if I want them to biopsy the bump.  Dr
Heddin is doing surgery next Wednesday so I booked LuLu to get her teeth cleaned
then.  They did blood work today to make sure her liver and kidney are fine to
put her under.  I'm not too sure about the biopsy.  Dr Heddin says it's up to
me.  What do droolers think?

More later from the clueless momPerson with LuLu (I was sooooo nice to the kitty
at the vets and he swatted at me) and Snoopy (she was GONE, I was in a panic, I
demand a complete explaination) and Cyrus (just once I'd like for one member of
this family to at least pretend to be normal)