[Dailydrool] Need help with diagnosis

Susan lily5943 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:11:11 PDT 2012

I'm writing to consult the fabulous knowledge base of the Droolers. My parents'  cocker spaniel is bad off. Symptoms:  hard panting 20 hours per day, restlessness and apparent anxiety. Vet has ruled out Cushings, but he is on meds for hypertension and hypothyroid. He takes tramadol for hip dysplasia and amytriptiline for his anxiety (obviously not working).  He eats Science Diet DD.  He wags his tail and appears happy, but the restlessness and panting has my parents very worried. Buddy is approximately 11 years old (a rescue 8 years ago).

The vet has told them that she doesn't know what else to do except refer him to an internist for more tests. They don't want to put him through all that. Any advice y'all could give would be appreciated. You can email her directly at msscott42 at suddenlink.net or me at lily5943 at gmail.com if you want to respond off-list.  Please send some drool for this sweet boy!  Thanks to everyone.

Susan & the gang,
Worried about her "brother"

Sent from my iPad