[Dailydrool] obsession with cords

Paula Smith psmithrn68 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:49:10 PDT 2012

We have a new boy at our house, Boomer. He is a beautiful 1.5 year old red
and white from the wonderful folks at Utah Friends of Basset Hounds. He is
such a smooshy, sweet boy except for his obsession with cords. So far he
has chewed through the ethernet cord and router for the internet, separated
a spare hair dryer from its cord and attempted to chew on the power cord
for the laptop while I was on the computer! We have lots of toys at our
house of varying materials, pig ears and rawhide chewies, he isn't really
interested in any of them. Any suggestions on what may be a good substitute
for cords?

Also he really doesn't seem to know how to play, although Cooper has gotten
him to wrestle once or twice and do the basset 500 around the house. Any
helpful ideas on how to introduce him to the joy of squeaky toys and
stuffies (so far all my attempts have met with the "look" like I'm crazy)

Paula
Cooper-I love to play, play, play
Boomer-I have no idea what to do with a toy
Toby ATB
George, Z and Smokey who refuse to come in the house since the arrival of
Boomer