[Dailydrool] Bassets on TV - BHRSC on California's Gold

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:43:46 PDT 2012

Last night James and I flipped to California's Gold - a local
broadcast show which highlights different things in California and I
think is only available to CA viewers. Anyway the host, Huell Howser,
was highlighting the basset picnic in Southern California, and I
believe the taping was from the late 90's.

It was so funny watching all of the hounds. It totally showed how
crazy hound owners are and we were cracking up thinking about what our
friends and family would think if they saw this episode. (They know
that we're crazy, but I don't think they've come to understand that
its the whole basset nation who is crazy.) At one point a guy mentions
that his dog barks at the bottom of the stairs each night until the
owner goes down, picks him up and carries him up to bed. So typical of
bassets, but I don't think non-basset slaves really understand the
depths of these dogs' quirky personalities. The show definitely
highlighted it, lol. Another lady mentions that she bought a larger
bed to accommodate her hounds - something we have done as well.

When the howling contest started, Cow and Ru started going crazy,
howling and barking. It was hilarious and made us wish we still had
our Tivo so we could tape and replay it whenever we need a laugh.

Does BHRSC perhaps sell copies of this taping? I couldn't find the
whole show online, only snippets, and the CalGold website only sells
VHS copies....?!

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert