[Dailydrool] Basset beds

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:42:22 PDT 2012

Every time we get a puppy we declare that THIS one will not be on the
furniture. Especially the Bassets-- it is so bad for their backs and so on
and so forth. (Insert your own feeble protestations here.)
And every puppy that crosses the threshold of our house, Basset or Belgian
or visiting Kees or Rottie-- what is the first thing we all do? We grab a
seat on the couch, pick up the baby, and cuddle.
And are we sitting on the floor? Oh no. We are in whatever is the most
comfortable spot in the house, and we are snuggling with the sweetest thing
in the world, and inhaling puppy breath, and oohing and ahhing, and what is
the baby learning, in about two seconds flat?
HEY! THIS is the place for me!!!
LOL.
We do it in our house every single time. The floor is awash with beds and
who is sitting on a dog bed watching TV while a Basset is curled
comfortably in the Cushy chair? Ahh--- DadPerson.
Conley is especially good at getting onto DP's lap and gradually convincing
him that Dp would be better off on the floor, or even in the other room....
Cesar Milan and Victoria Stillwell, apparently immune to these tactics,
would have strokes.

MomPerson to Llewis (who has steps up to every chair and couch in the
house) Nigel (ditto altho he gets help) and Conley who uses the steps but
doesn't need them and believes the other dogs should stay OFF the
furniture. (Conley does not have an ego problem.)