[Dailydrool] Teeth cleaning and overall health

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 22 09:30:35 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

So.... everyone knows LuLu's story.  I pulled her from the pound at 42.3 lbs
(she is at 52 now and the vet says another 6-8 and she'll be perfect, she's a
big girl).  They had capstar'd her because she was COVERED in fleas.  She had
pyometra so they did a spay and one canine was rotting and stinking and had a
big black hole in it so they pulled it when they did the spay.  My girl had a
little bit of hair .... stiff, dull thin coat and very little will left.

So, we brought her home and loved on her and gave her to Snoopy and Natalie and
she started to shine little by little.  She'd play with Snoopy, and Cyrus too.
She'd cuddle with me or Natalie.  And she let a few of the neighbors play with
her on walks.

Now, 3 months later she has been doing much better.  She plays every day and
approached some strangers.  Still though, a bit reserved, with a shadow ... some
kind of sadness lingering in those eyes.  And .... being the clueless momPerson
.... I thought we were doing everything right and she was making good progress.
And then Dr Heddin saw her last week ..... for the bump on her foot ..... and
said "DALE!!!  She needs her TEETH CLEANED.  The bump is just a bump, I can take
it off if you want but the priority here is her teeth."  Ok, so she got her
teeth cleaned and her bump taken off.  I should note here that we really could
not have cleaned her teeth sooner, she just wasn't strong enough and Dr Hedding
had to go very deep to get it done.

I picked up a different dog.  She was a little groggy that evening but by
morning I had a whole new dog.  Smiling, laughing, bouncing off the walls.
She's a clown, she's a goose, she runs through the house stealing stuff and
nipping at heels (dogs and peoples).  She's playful and she's joyful and she is
simply delighted with life.  From a tooth cleaning.  Huh?

Dr Heddin removed a little tiny tooth in front which she said was rotating in
the socket and had the root exposed.  She also "saved" a big canine by injecting
antibiotic around the root ... she explained more that I didn't understand.
And most of the rest of her teeth were "recessed" and yellow but they are
showing and white now.  In the past 3 months LuLu has had two hot spots which
were treated with antibiotic and also got her bump infected and was on
antibiotic for that.  Dr Heddin said it's all likely been complicated with her
dental situation.

Huh?  Because she needed her teeth cleaned?

Just thought I'd post about it because while I am clueless it seems that others
are interested in my discoveries (or at least are amused by them.)

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy (who is snuggled up with
dadPerson and couldn't care less what momPerson is writing) and LuLu (wanna play
tag?  huh, huh?  wanna play wrestle??  huh, huh??  wanna play?) and Cyrus
(settle down young lady, Dr Heddin said to take it easy until the stitches in
your foot come out).