[Dailydrool] A "guilty" hello

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:12:04 PDT 2012

Hello Drool family!

I have been trying to take the time to read the Daily Drool as often
as I can. I never regret it, because I always get a laugh, sometimes a
tear, and a warm feeling inside because I truly think of each of you
as a part of my family. I feel guilty because I feel like I do not
write enough. Each of you always forgives my lapse in posting, and due
to the brain tumor, if the Caspaw Cwew has not been heard from often
enough, one of you will send me an email, or a note in the mail, or a
postcard. You folks are such dear people to me, and I cherish every
one of you.

I have been reading about the different girls that were shy that
finally started to come out of their shell. I also smile when I read
those stories, because I have a lady that was very timid, shy, and
wary due to being kept in a cage that was too small when she was in
it. If you have one of those timid, shy, reserved, and scared, shaking
because she is scared, of anything; don't stop loving her, or him. The
dividends from the love you show her will be priceless.

My Babers is on the other end of the couch from me taking a nap. When
we first got her, she came in the house, ran from room to room, ran
into the office, and crawled back as far as she could under the desk.
She came out running at top speeds to go out. And would be running at
top speed upon entrance from the back yard.I would just lay on the
floor in the office and pet her for hours, and the day came when she
came in from going to potty, and she ran in and got ON the bed. The
bed was her safe spot for so long, until she slowly, and i mean s l o
w l y started to wander out a paw length at a time after each trip
outside.

She's a hoot now. She has a bark that is deeper than Boomers. She has
a tailpipe problem, every time she backfires i have the sensation that
I need to turn up my oxygen. I was going through the house one day in
my power wheelchair. I came into this invisible "wall" of exhaust. I
was certain that someone had released a sort of nerve gas, as I
couldn't breathe, and I had my eyes watering....it was a mess. Lately,
these bombings have become more frequent, and more noxious. Brings a
whole new meaning to Carlin's joke about a silent but deadly release
of foreign agents into the air supply in my home. I am not sure if
this is an older female Basset Hound Problem, or if she is secretly in
communication with the one and only Elder Clara. I fear Clara has been
teaching my daughter the finer efforts of disabling a man through
asphyxiation......LOL

Babe is definitely "Daddy's Guwl". she will warm up to women, but does
not like me, as a rule, unless i8t is me. She is growing more and more
OEBE like every day, and to see this frightened abused beautiful thing
blossom into this cranky old pushy and demanding old thing has been a
joy. Never give up, you NEVER KNOW what day or time they will really
start to feel like your home is actually home for good. If you have a
frightened and timid gurl, watch her when she wanders outside, Babe is
so funny. She isn't worried about noises or anything. She is truly a
ladt in her element.

Thank you everyone for teaching me how to love her, care for her, and
now PUT UP with her............LOL!!!!!!! Boomer is fine too, he is
napping in my recliner.

Drool to those ion need. Oh, side note, please pray for my home. I was
supposed to have it in my name only within 60 days of the divorce
being final. It has been more challenging than I had anticipated. I am
ashamed to even bring this up with so many of you losing your homes.
If I had to see and move, I could only take 1 Basset with me. I could
never decide. I love them both. Please pray that the new govt thing
works. I can make the payments, but finding someone to refi the house
to me only has become a bit more than I had anticipated, Thank you
all, we love each of you!!!. .

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe
Boomer
Arnie ATB
Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute total, compwete BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604
Home: (307) 337-2144