[Dailydrool] A Good Day---Then-----

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 16:52:56 PDT 2012

Momma here. Let me get to the good news right away. Brudder Jake appears to be doing so much better-bless his heart he started telling me this at 4:30am. Howling barking, moaning, I held him off for a bit then jumped up and down the stairs--the meds will make him pee, he must need to go. Ha---he just wanted out of the crate, ready to start his day. He had his bath today, skin looks wonderful, you can look at his face and see, he just feels better. Big sigh of relief here, we are heading in a good direction. I would guess his blood pressure is doing well, recheck on Tuesday.

Hubby has had a migraine now for 2 days. I dont even need to say more there.

But then tonight-----the gang all had dinner, rested in the crates, Bess and Daisy are now out  together. I see hubby and Bess go out the back door together and all of a sudden hubby says, Bess is gonna puke--what??? Bessie??? I head out the door and what do I see but a basset gulping air, wanting to eat grass-----she looks terrible. Dear Mother of the Big DOg--- Oh hell no, I have been down this no win road before, we grab her and rush her to the house, she is gulping like crazy, wants water, I think not---now remember, I am the crazy lady with bottles of childerns gas drops in every room here--I grabbed the kitchen bottle and dumped the whole thing in her. I held her tummy, no it was not growing, I kept rubbing her tummy and watching and watching, keys on the counter---got the family room bottle of gas drops and gave her another squirt---and kept rubbing the belly, this could not be happening, the tummy was staying the same size--this is good--but she is still gulping and Daddy is about to come unhinged as this is happening to his sweetheart----finally, the biggest belch the wee one could give. Then another---and then Bess looking at both of us like we are just flat nuts. She was then ready to roll, and I put Little Miss Give Me A Heart Attack in her crate for a hour and now have her confined to the living room--(you hear Elwood screaming HOOORAY dont you??)))))

Was this the start of bloat or just a upset of some kind, I had no idea, but better safe than sorry.

This week has been a trial, but I am so thankful to have the strength to paw my way thru this---I am headed to the couch---

Remember those gas drops-----and all the warning signs, we got lucky here at the Beach tonight.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,