[Dailydrool] MOM Jerkey is done!!!

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Jun 24 09:35:58 PDT 2012

Last night I put a batch of chicken on the dehydrator to make the boyz some homemade jerky.  It takes about 12 hours. So my normal routine is to cut the chicken into stips, place it on the dehydrator around 5pm and let it go for the night. When I get up in the morning to let the boyz out and then feed them I turn off the dehydrator to let it cool and then go back after the boyz have eaten and I bag it up...and yes the boyz have to taste test it to ensure the quality of the jerky. At this time I call them Inspector #1 and Inspector #2.  So this morning I was still tired and groggy...been a long couple of weeks so I guess my body was needing the extra rest. So I got up at 6 with the urging of the hounds to potty and be feed. I turned off the dehydrator, feed the boyz and after they ate went back to bed.  Droolers it was 9:30am before I finally dragged my carcaus out of bed. Once up Ruger started barking at me, I petted him "yes monkey, good morning to you to...yes monkey momma's up, daddy hasn't hacked her up and buried her in the back yard"  Bark Bark bark "yes monkey momma loves you too...momma needs coffee and breakfast"  hhhhhhmmmmpppffff!!! Ruger lays on the kitchen floor waiting patiently.  So once I finish breakfast and set my plate down Ruger sits on the floor in front of me and he starts barking at me.  "Outside?"  Get up and go to the back door. Neither hound will come near the door to go out.  "What do you want?"  Barking continues, I play with him for a few minutes and then sit back on the couch to read my daily drool.  Barking continues, "Ruger what the h*)( do you want son?, I'm trying to read about momperson trying to cut off Nigel's toebones and turning the house into a crime scene off of CSI"  Bark, bark bark.  Oh for the love of doG!!!! Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...I swear there was this mental connection from Ruger of him pawing me upside the head and saying "dang it women the jerky has not been secured!!!"  So I get up sheepishly and go bag the jerky, giving out extra taste test to both Colt and Ruger.   The jerky is now secure in a ziplock and in the dog treat cabinet.....the house is quiet except for the soft snorings of two hounds resting peacefully on the couch & loveseat.  And all is right in the world of the Bad A** Basset Brothers once again.

Love & Drool to all.
We are so sorry to read of Buttercups sudden journey to the bridge...May she live forever in the magic of your memories.  Congratulations on the two new buppies, they will never take Buttercups place in your heart but will help you heal the hole in your hearts. Enjoy the buppiness!  They grow up way to fast. It is hard to believe that my two brothers will be 5 in just a few weeks.

Deb, I hope that your heart has finally started beating in a normal rythm once again. Thank doG, you caught her and got the gas-x down her. We are glad to hear that Brudder Jake B/P is starting to level out.  I have one word for you and Hubby....WINE! Just crack open a bottle each and drink it straight out of the bottle.  You two need it!  Hell I need it just from reading your post about Jake & Bessie....here at ASTT HQ's we all read with held breath until we read that everyone is doing okay.

Bev, Drugs and toebone clippers don't mix...No drugs and driving and for the hounds sake no drugs and toebone hatchettes!  LOL  Glad to hear that Nigel is no worse for wear over the whole ordeal.  And yes super glue is a wonderful tool and should be in everyones doggie medical kit.  I have glued up many a cut ears, and lipperflaps with super glue.  And a few of my own fingers, and a few fingers to houndie ears or lipperflaps ooops!

Med Kits: Super Glue, gas-x, benadryl, steptic pencil, gauze, vet wrap, and combat guaze (a hemostatic agent imbedded into a roll gauze that will stop the bleeding even from a major vein or artery)  Military, SWAT, and other tactical medics use this stuff.  It is awesome!    Let me know if you want to know more about it.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Mom, would you please shut him up."
Ruger "MOTHER secure the dang jerky before the squirrels get it and I will shut up!"  So hard to find good human slaves these days"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...