[Dailydrool] Robin

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:28:51 PDT 2012

Hey all!  Beauford here!  I caught a robin!  I caught a robin!  It was a
really, really mean robin and mom yelled aty me and I dropped it and then
Bugsey got it and mom went to grab him by the neck and all she got was
collar.  Bugsey has been losing weight and all mom had was collar.  Then
she ran and caught Bugsey and told him to drop the robin and told me,"don't
you dare!"   I would like to know what command that is!  I don't think I
was formally taught that one but lately when I look at the counter and mom
or dad say don't you dare!  And I jump on the counter, I get a time out in
my crate while everyone else has a party without me.  Mom grabbed the robin
and tossed it over the fence to its grateful and very loud parents.

Mom here!  I have ever seen a baby robin fight so hard.  Of course that is
probably why it is still alive and just covered in drool it was mouth open
and hissing at the dogs and wings spread and flapping for all it was
worth.  It couldn't fly anywhere because it was drenched.  I actually got
off the computer because the parents were so loud I had to find out what
was going on!  I obviously need to adjust Busey's collar.  I thought I had
lost the baby for sure at that point.  If it had been Beauford it would
have beena goner.  Bugsey is very soft mouthed.  Beauford not so much.
Browyn was in the fray, but that little bird was scaring her with all its
posturing.  That and the bomb diving parents.  One of these years I keep
thinking the robins will have enough sense not to nest in the back yard.
We have 2 other acres for them to nest on complete with trees and brambles
and water sources.  But no, they keep nesting in the backyard and every
year they lose at least some babies to the dogs.  This has been going on
for 16 years.  I guess they are called bird brains for a reason.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn