[Dailydrool] Clarification, Please

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:31:48 PDT 2012

As I recall the rule is that only posts soliciting donations (auction,
raffles, Chipin etc.) for rescue organizations are allowed, not for
individuals or individual dogs that are not part of a rescue effort by
a licensed rescue.  I'm sure this is for safety reasons, to protect the
members of the DD.  I have never seen individual donation requests get
through, at least that I can remember, although I do occasionally see
someone posting things on Houndsbay to support costs for their own hounds,
which is an altogether different story.

Please don't let this devolve into people flaming anyone.  PLEASE remember
that our moderators VOLUNTEER their time to keep the DD a safe and basset
themed place, and that they accept or reject posts based on their best
INDIVIDUAL interpretation of the rules.  They work very hard for all of us
and they ask very little by way of imposing rules on posts.

It's the era of social media and there are plenty of places that a person
can post individual chipin requests.  In fact, if you are a DD facebook
member then when you post it on your timeline, all of the DD members will
see it that way.

Please let's not fight on the DD, there's enough strife in the world.
 Things are not always perfect, or perhaps even 100% equitable, but again,
our volunteers are doing the best they can.  I would hate to see anyone
leave the DD, or see the moderators upset over something like this.  We all
support each other here, that's how the DD works!

My 2 cents.

Brenda- Momslave to Baxter and Elphaba