[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:52:39 PDT 2012

We don't buy anything that is made in China. It's just plain not worth the
risk. Our local pet store where we get the Houndettes kibble carries
wonderful dehydrated sweet potato treats that the girls love. Here is a
link to them if your local pet store doesn't carry them (I do not have any
affiliation with this company):
http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/bbs/smartlist_206/snooks_sweet_potato_treats_and_chews.html
buy the treats on the rope and just cut the rope and give the hounds one at
a time. I don't think it'd be a good idea to give the whole rope to them.
Sweet potatoes have a lot of fiber in them and the consequences could be
ugly!

My DH is in a band and gets home any time between 2 AM and 4 AM when the
guys have a show. During the day the Houndettes hoot and holler if a fly
hits the window. That time of night they don't make a peep. I console
myself with the thought that, since they hear the garage door open and no
one has ever come in that door that didn't belong here, maybe they just
assume it's ok. Well, that's what I tell myself. I personally think
Debbie's idea of a gun carrying cat is a good one!

Dale, I'm hoping that you're considering looking for another vet. I hate it
when people try to BS me. I'd much prefer that someone just tell me that
they don't know but let's do a biopsy to be sure or consult with someone
who does have an answer. Our human medical community has gone absolutely
test crazy and it sounds like your vet is following suit. Personally, I
don't like it when people just shoot from the hip and run a million tests
just hoping that something shows up. That's just nuts as far as I'm
concerned. I know what a pain in the butt it is trying to find a new
vet but I sure would be looking.

Heart healing and get well drool is being sent to all in need. Please
remember to vote in the Shelter Challenge every day. Just a couple more
weeks to go!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger