[Dailydrool] Basil's calendar day

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:41:07 PST 2012

Today is my Basil Rathbone's calendar day, as well as his gotcha day.
Three years ago today, a very nice man who does transport picked Basil
up at Ruth's house where he was being fostered, and drove him all the
way up to Chicago. He was a bag of bones; so tiny and skinny compared to
Waldo. He's 100% deaf and about 50% blind, but doesn't let that stop
him. He's the sweetest, most tolerant dog I've ever known, and I'm so
lucky to have him. Basil will be getting steak with his dinner tonight!

(And yes, as the calendar caption indicates, he does raid the vegetable
garden on a regular basis in the spring/summer, somehow managing to
sneak between and around any fencing I use to protect said veggies.)

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB