[Dailydrool] Bona--out of the woods

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 14:03:55 PST 2012

Hi all,

First, thank you all for your kinds notes and calls about Mona.   I know it
has been confusing,  having a Mona and a Bona.

Sorry for the confusions, but they came with those names, and we left them.

I will get replying to all emails soon, but to be honest, it has hurt to
open them and most of them, I have not yet.  I will.

Clara's welcome to the Bridge was beautiful.   I love they will have a hat
party soon.  I swear,  an older hound wears hats the best!

I wanted to let you all know that BONA, the little Beagle who had surgery
for the bags in her intestines is doing very well.  She spent 8 days in the
vet on fluids and antibiotics,  led the vets to believe there was nothing in
side any longer as a result from her barium series x-rays and then finally
went through the surgery after the vets found they had been tricked.  She is
eating great,  is on boiled chicken and WD or ID, and will stay on that
until we do more blood work on Monday.  Her albumin and protein is still
low, and we are hoping with her meds and the protein only diet right now, it
will pull her levels back to one we can be happy about.  She is acting
normal, and has stayed away from foreign objects.

But, she is a Beagle,  I imagine we are in a grace period.   We are starting
slippery elm and also Prozyme in hopes it will help eliminate her desire for
the odd.   Also, once she is off all her meds, we may try doggie Xanex(sp?)
to see if that helps keep her away from eating things she should not.

Anyhow,  looking forward to an extremely dull weekend, free of medical
issues and stresses for us all.

Drool to all in need.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us