[Dailydrool] Glaucoma

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 14:31:32 PST 2012

Barb:
We are so sorry that Wilbur was diagnosed with glaucoma. Sign up with the Yahoo group www.blinddogs.com for information on this problem from the slaves' point of view. There are a number of folks with bassets in the group, and they are knowledgable and supportive. Their experience has been so very helpful to me in dealing with our foster, Dexter, who also has the disease.

Because of advice on the blinddogs list, I discovered that I could get one drug at half the price the eye doc was charging--from my pharmacist. If I had a WalMart that was nearer, I could probably drop the price even more substantially.

Also be aware that dropping the pressures once does not mean this is a permanent thing. Pressures vary all over the place depending on what's going on in the eye. Get on good terms with a doggy ER in your area, because if my experience with  Dexter is typical, eyes cause trouble at the most inconvenient moments. (Dexter is adored by all his vets, and it's a good thing, since he sees them so often.)
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets