[Dailydrool] From Da Beach............

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 13:43:56 PST 2012

Momma here, sending Sunday drool to all in need. The beach Gang is finding this overcast rainy day one to rest and snooze. Well most of them. Bessie, the younger, finds that everyday is one to celebrate. That she does. Bessie has come along way since joining us here at the Beach, her crawling along the floor is less and less, she still has times when things affect her, one never knows what that might be, sometimes the TV, other times the microwave, but we ignore her and keep going. We dont want her to think she gets attention for this and it seems to pull her out of the situation much faster. People still terrify her, but one step at a time.
Bessie has captured Hubbys heart and soul. He loves them all, but somehow Bessie has wrapped those paws tight on the DH. He just beams when he sees her, she makes him laugh. He has not had what I will call a heart dog for a good 25 years, and that was a black cocker spaniel. They were inseperable back in the day, and to see this happen with Bessie does my heart good.
Elwood is not in total agreement. Bess LOVES him. She thinks the sun rises and sets by her Brudder. I give the guy credit, he puts up with alot. Bessie thinks they should play nonstop, and she pesters him to no end. He has branched out of the bathroom to the sofa and chairs as Bess wont jump on the furniture, her choice, but Elwood also has to have some safe zone.
Sister Daisy does the Elder Clara approach and will let Bess have it when she feels the need. Bess does now requard her with more respect.
Brudder Jake is not thrilled yet, he is work in progress, but we knew he would be the "problem child".
I think they will all be glad to see me go back to work tomorrow and get back on a schedule again. Myself--well, they better be thankful that so far I am not being sent to the storm zone to work.

The Basset Food Clock has now sounded, have a great week everyone!!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger