[Dailydrool] Thanks DD!!! Boomer is 7 today!!

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:15:50 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

Cheese Burgers and Frosty Paws all around!!

In honor of my Basset Hound Boomer, please allow me to share this with you.
You can apply it to girls, as well! I heard this the first time in the
movie Mr Hollands Opus, and I always think of this song when I look at
Boomer. The lyrics aren't perfectly fit to Boomer, but I think that each of
you will understand the way I feel about the Boo-man.

Close your eyes
Have no fear
The monster's gone
He's on the run and your daddy's here

[Chorus:]
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better

[Chorus]

Out on the ocean sailing away
I can hardly wait
To see you come of age
But I guess we'll both just have to be patient
'Cause it's a long way to go
A hard row to hoe
Yes it's a long way to go
But in the meantime

Before you cross the street
Take my hand
Life is what happens to you
While you're busy making other plans

[Chorus]

Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Darling, darling, darling
Darling Sean (Replace Sean with Boomer)

I didn't alter the lyrics, out of respect for John Lennon, the man who
wrote the song.

I want to thank each of you for teaching me how to love and care for
Boomer. He is such a blessing to me. He is my first Basset Hound, and he
came into my life when he was only 4 months old. Cathy and I were looking
for a minivan, or some other SUV type vehicle that we could put my new
power chair into. We settled on a Town and Country, and somehow, we got to
talking about Bassets. I'm not sure how the topic of Boomer came up, but I
am very grateful that it did. She told me that she had a 4 month old Basset
Hound, that her children never played with anymore., I told her if she ever
decided she wanted to get rid of him, that I was very interested in having
a Basset Hound.  (What on EARTH was I thinking??!!??)

She called, or her husband did, 2 days later, and Boomer came to live with
us. Such a sweet, lovable, obnoxious, spoiled, trouble seeking, and
potential OEBE member of a Bassey Hound. I love him. My best friend, always
there for me, when he isn't taking care of me, he sees fit to drive me
crazy. He has the most wonderful bay. (If I lived out in the middle of
NOWHERE and there wasn't another house near me that you could see with a
TELESCOPE. He was out in the backyard one night, after 11:00 pm, and
something got him started. I'm hollering at him: Boomer!! SHUT UP!!!!!! No
one in Glenrock (25 miles from here) wants to hear that crap. Bonehead,
knot-head.

Drool to those in need. I love each of you so much. If someone had asked me
what I thought I was going to get from getting a Basset Hound, I would have
surely cheated myself. I not only got a great dog, and a great friend; but
I also got each of YOU!! I know I don't post often, but you people are so
near and dear to my heart, and I care about each of you in a very special
way. I have heard others say it, but I want to repeat it. It fits, more,
now than ever: I didn't rescue a Basset Hound named Boomer; a Basset Hound
named Boomer rescued me.

Thank you, Moderators, contributors, resues, and readers. Boomer allowed me
to find you, and I may not say it often enough, but never forget how much I
care about you, how grateful I am for each of you!! The Daily Drool Family
is just like family to me. And in some way, you know me better than my
family does. May God bless each of you, in a mighty, mighty way!!

Shannon, Butler to Boomer, Babe and Arnie(ATB)
Of the Caspaw Cwew