[Dailydrool] This and That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:12:35 PST 2012

I'm going to keep on voting for CBHR. Apparently the rules have changed and
they aren't that far out of first place for the state of SC. I really think
that they're close enough that, with all of us continuing to vote for them,
they really could win the state too. How cool would that be for one of our
basset hound rescues to win both prizes?!?!? There is power in numbers and
the DD certainly has enough people to help them pull it off!

Ugh! Cutting nails! Must be today is the day for everyone because our four
got their pedicures today too. We used to have to muzzle Jersey to do her
nails but she has finally realized that we aren't going to hurt her and
doesn't try to bite any longer. She rumbles the whole time but I don't
worry about getting bit now. Suzy is a squirmer and sounds like she's being
killed when we do hers and Shadow just suffers silently. We've had the
techs at our vets do Ginger's nails for the past few years but we finally
decided that we ought to be able to do hers too. Well, we've tried clipping
her nails in every position possible but putting her on her side and me
getting her in a head lock with the DH clipping seems to work best. She was
really growling a lot today so the muzzle got used but we managed to get
through it. I guess it only figures that our two dominant female houndettes
are the ones that give us the most grief. Every one's ears will get done
tomorrow. We've all had enough for one day today!

Spring has sprung here in NC and I think the Houndettes are suffering from
spring fever. They are all a little edgy. This happened last year too and
we had more dog fights here than we've ever had. Well, I thought we were
going to have the same thing happen again today. At one point, Suzy got all
stiff legged, tail straight up and had that whole "bring it on" attitude
with Ginger. Then, later in the day, Shadow got po'd about something and
went after Ginger too. She's very laid back most of the time but she had a
mohawk up her back and was really ready to roll. I hope we aren't going to
repeat all the fighting that went on last spring between these hounds or
I'm going to be tempted to separate all of them!

Heart healing and get well drool is being slung to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger (who was actually innocent for a change!)