[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:13:49 PDT 2012

I'm really looking forward to the next Shelter Challenge! I think the DD
has more than proved the power we have in our voting numbers. It would be
wonderful for one of our rescues to win their state but I know every rescue
is right there with me when I say we'll take $1000 any way we can get it!
Please everyone, don't get out of the habit of going to the site every day.
Maintain that habit by going to
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces;jsessionid=8CD975D486C20C72E09F92FD57F8F843.ctg-c?siteId=3&link=ctg_ars_home_from_ars_shelterchallengeresults_leftnav_logo
and
click on that purple button to give a bowl of food to a needy dog. I have
no affiliation to this program other than being grateful to all of you and
the Animal Rescue Site for the $1000 that was given to BaRCSE in December.
The money is being put to very good use for the hounds just like it will be
with CBHR and any other basset hound rescue that all of us Droolers can
help win.

Loved the howling video! I don't think anyone can hear that sound and not
smile. The DH and I are always calling each other when one of us leaves the
house because that's when the Houndettes serenade us. Suzy is our bell
hound and has kind of a higher howl. Ginger (who believe me is all basset
but has shorter ears) has a true, wonderful basset howl along with Shadow.
Jersey has never learned to howl and kind of huffs along with the crowd
when they get going. Interestingly, they seldom howl when they're outside.
Once in a while when there is something out in the street that they really
want to get to they'll start but that doesn't happen very often. Barking is
a whole other story! We have some new people next store who are remodeling
the house before they move in. Well, they have been fully introduced to the
herd and how loud they are. Fortunately, the girls are getting used to
people being over there and have calmed down a little but they were more
than a little obnoxious at first.

I have nothing to add to the new puppy thread other than, if the DH and I
ever lose our minds again and bring one home, I'm going to call on all of
you for advice! I should have asked more questions when Suzy came to us at
five months old! You are all a wonderful resource for anyone new to
bassetdom! We had Jersey and Shadow when Suzy rolled into our lives at five
months old but hadn't had a buppy in over 30 years! I do think that eight
weeks is kind of young for a buppy to leave it's mother. BaRCSE has kept
our puppies till they're about twelve weeks or so so that they're spayed
and neutered before they move on. I guess there are a lot of different
philosophies out there but I'd like to see the puppy be a little older
before it goes on to it's new family.

I love to see other people foster fail! Congratulations to Lulu Rutz in
finding her furever home with the Rutz family! Dale, it has sounded like
she's a permanent member of your family for a while and I'm just so happy
for all of you! Lulu has ended up right where she belongs!

The Houndettes are slinging get well and heart healing drool laced with
prayers from me to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger