[Dailydrool] Clueless momPerson checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 5 15:09:06 PST 2012

Hi all, it's me,

Thanks for all the advice on putting some weight on LuLu the houseguest.
Honestly after looking at Snoopy this morning I was SO tempted to offer her 3/4
pan of brownies.  OH MY DOG that one pan of brownies undid a month of green
beans and off we go again.

Speaking of Snoopy he is quite the example setter.  Last night I wanted to clean
LuLu's ears and she was not inclined.  You should have seen Snoopy .... he ran
away with her and then he stopped so she stopped and then he came back real low
... almost on his belly and then he lay down and looked real hesitiant and then
he gave me belly and wagged his tail all the while looking at LuLu like .... see
... this is how you do it!  LuLu has made ONE mistake and when I found it she
was watching me clean up so I told her outside, we go outside, let's go outside
and so I went outside and Snoopy charged right out to the grass and peed and so
LuLu came too and went to the grass too and squatted .... well she might not
have peed because she just did but she tried .... and no more mistakes.  He
taughter her how to use the dog door and he is found curled up butt to butt with
her in the sunbeam and on Natalie's bed ... last night she seemed a bit restless
and he grabbed his birthday elephant (which is his special stress toy) and went
over and pushed it right into her mouth.

And Cyrus is the big brother big time.  Yesterday afternoon I was gardening and
LuLu strolled by and I patted her ... but she didn't see it coming ... oh!  She
jumped to the moon and RAN over and hid behind Cyrus ... and wouldn't come back
to me for a couple of minutes.  Also yesterday Natalie was petting Snoopy and
LuLu ran over for some pets (they all LOVE Natalie) and she crowded Snoopy out
so he snarked at her ... well ... I heard the snark and came running and there
SAT Cyrus ... on Natalies feet ... with Snoopy on one side and LuLu on the other
and the MOST disapproving look .... but both bassets were grinning and wagging
tails and Natalie had one hand on each head.

If you want to see pictures go to facebook or e-mail me ... I update with at
least one most days.  LuLu is a VERY sweet girl, no mischief yet (maybe still on
the mend here, or else we're in our grace period) ... but she is very gentle
with my girls and very patient when Snoopy acts like, well, Snoopy and very
willing to be the follower and let Cyrus lead.  She's also drop dead gorgeous
and when she fills out the line is going to be a mile long to take this sweet
girl home.

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy (I like cuddling with girls)
and Cyrus (I am overworked) and LuLu the houseguest (I like it here, who wants
to snuggle?)