[Dailydrool] Sanata's shots

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 09:01:23 PST 2012

Regarding Bev's post about the increase in Lepto and distemper. I have seen comments in the dog newsletters I get from vet-school universities that because of the hard economic times, many people are skipping shots for their dogs. So not only are your dogs at risk from the wild critters, other dogs in your neighborhood may not be UTD on their preventative shots.

I know my vet's practice has been severely affected by this trend. And recently, when I interviewed a prospective adopter, their dog was not UTD either. It's easy to miss or forget about those little cards the vets send, so even folks who are good about these things can miss them.

On another note, don't expect titers to be cheaper than the shots. The last time I mentioned it at my vet's office, they told me they were more expensive. But if you have a dog with health issues that relate to shots, you'll certainly want to do them. should the titers come back low, of course, you may still have to do shots.
Pam, food slave to the ashing bassets