[Dailydrool] Bowls, parvo, Shannon

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:12:43 PST 2012

We got our foster boy Tybee a bowl to help slow him down when he ate. I
have never seen a dog eat as fast as he did! It was a plastic bowl that had
three cone like things protruding from the bottom that he had to eat around
and it really helped slow him down a lot. We were worried about him
bloating so we sent it on to his new family with him but we really need to
get Ginger one too because she eats pretty fast.

Shannon, you did one of the most selfless things anyone can do for their
dog. It's not a failure when you know your dog will be happier and better
off in a different situation and allow your dog to go. I really admire you
for loving your dog enough to do that for him.

Parvo is horrible. My son's Doberman developed parvo within a couple of
weeks after she came to him as a very small puppy. They rushed her to the
vet and she actually survived. We won't talk about how much the vet bill
was. She grew into one of the most loving dogs you could ever want. She
died yesterday at four years old after having her leg amputated last
Thursday. Apparently she developed some sort of bleeding disorder after the
shock of the surgery and, even with blood transfusions, she just couldn't
recover. Our family has always considered her the toughest dog ever since
she beat parvo and I guess we thought she could survive anything but
we were totally blindsided by this development. It has been a terribly sad
few days at the Houndettes house.

Heart healing and get well drool is being sent to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger