[Dailydrool] Questions from Cyrus

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 7 10:43:46 PST 2012

Hello again, it's me, Cyrus the lab,

I need some advice on this girl that has come to stay with us in our home.  She
is a very bossy little girl.  She tells me where to go and where not to go and
when she wants to play and she doesn't have a loud bark but she is very
insistant.  If you don't do what she said the first time she will ahroooo at you
.... real quiet but she does.  Last night Snoopy felt put out so he climbed in
the crate momPerson puts up when we have fosters.  She keeps it in the corner of
the living room, it's a wire one.  Anyway, Snoopy went in there and did his 3
minute rearrange the cushion thing and got it just the way he wanted it and
curled up .... and she went over there and asked him what the heck he was doing
in there (she is TERRIFIED of it and won't go near it).  Well, he harumphed ....
and she stood there and barked at him .... "get out, get outo, it's a cage,
someone will close the door" and he just sighed .... so she ahroooo'd ....
"quick, get out before you're trapped" .... and he finally gave up and got out
of there and went up on the couch ... which she won't do because she thinks she
is not supposed to get on the furniture.  We have all invited her up but no sale
.... took us 6 months to convince Snoopy it was ok so we'll see.  Anybody got
any experience with women bossing them around?  Cause Snoopy and I, we're at a
loss for what to do here.  I mean, Snoopy tried barking back at her to stop
it yesterday and she got scared and rolled over and gave him half belly, so he
wound up apologizing to her for telling her to quit bossing him around.

And what is with this rearranging cushions thing?  Do all bassets do it?  Cause
we've had 2 boys here so far and now a girl and there's not a one of them that
can lay down without trying to rearrange the cushion, even if the cushion is ONE
PIECE and DOESN'T arrange.  What's up with that?  It's noisy is what it is and
annoying but they all do it.  Any advice?

Well, I need to get off of the computer now and go lay down with LuLu because
she doesn't like to be alone.  And ... I'm a bit sweet on her to tell you the
truth.  I was asking momPerson yesterday if we could keep her and adopt out
Snoopy but she was NOT amused.

More later from Cyrus ... with 2 bossy bassets and no ear plugs

P.S.  You should SEE LuLu boss the neighbors dogs around .... she is simply
queen of all she surveys (and hears) from what we can tell.