[Dailydrool] cancer strikes again.

Carol Anderson meta549 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 06:15:37 PST 2012

I had sent in a post last April telling how my 8 year old basset Lady had liver cancer.In November I posted 8 year old Nefe had died due to her spleen rupturing. Here it is almost a year later and I have yet another basset with cancer.

Buford is 8 (9) nine in May.Went in for a dental last week and had blood work.His blood work showed he was anemic.They went ahead and took an xray and saw a tumor. 2 days later after an ultrasound and exploratory surgery things are not looking well.He was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma.Tumor is inoperable due to location Pancreas is involved.This tumor has only left a 25% opening to the intestines for food to pass.Chemo would only slow it down .As he is doing great and shows no sign of being sick we chose to let nature take its course.He doesnt seem to be having pain but is on pain meds just in case he isnt showing it.He is on a soft food diet and is eating good.When the time comes where he can no longer hold his food down we will have to make a decision.We have no idea on how fast this is growing and no idea how long he has left.

Buford in now getting lots of extra loving and has become my shadow,

I have no idea why this has happend for the thirs time in a year.I an devestated.

Carol in Ky