[Dailydrool] grass, pillows and worries

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 00:42:16 PST 2012

Spring is here, the grass is tall and Rolph will eat it with gusto. On our walks, Clara sniffs for "turd treats" and Rolph grazes. I prefer Rolph's habit.

In the house, it is Rolph (of course) who pounds and mounds the pillows and beds. He also does it to the matress-style beds. We call it checking for snakes , because many years ago a vet told me that's why dogs do this. Clearly Clara isn't frightened by snakes, but then she is not frightened by much - not even me yelling at her to leave other dogs' turds alone.

To Kristen waiting for her pup and worrying so much, I'm sure it will all be fine. Sadly dogs, like humans, can have health issues whatever their background. Rolph has (I was told) a pedigree as long as your arm, Clara almost certainly came from a puppy mill. Rolph has cost me and the insurance company a fortune. Clara is as healthy as any dog I have ever known. All you can do is provide loving care, relax and enjoy your pup. Change his food to whatever you think is best, but do it gradually, not overnight , and start once puppy is settled in your home.

Drool to all who need and want it.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK