[Dailydrool] Eating Grass

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Sat Mar 10 05:08:44 PST 2012

When Barney gets up in the morning and starts eating grass, I know
it's not good.  He only eats grass when his stomach is off.  And then
he doesn't eat the nice grass - he likes the old, dried out stuff near
the fence.  It's hard to pull him off and bring him in the house.  If
he eats too much of that, he will throw it up.  When he's like this he
won't eat his breakfast.  Sometimes his stomach gurgles so loud that
you can hear it.  He did that the other day, and once he was in the
house he tried to eat my houseplants.  I managed to get some Pepto
Bismol in him and that does the trick.  At night I'll usually give him
an antacid hidden in a mini-peanut butter sandwich before he goes to
bed, and that does the trick.  He never wakes up to a sour stomach.
The other night he went to bed before I had a chance to give it to him
and hence the grass eating.

Linda - Barney's foodgiver lady