[Dailydrool] The return of the dog park

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 10:58:25 PST 2012

We haven't been to the dog park since the beginning of our weak winter. I heard the dog park reopened and since it was such a beautiful morning, I took the boys to the park. Speedy did his usual motoring about sniffing our dogs and their humans and mostly demanding pets from the 2 leggers. When he was tried he came to me and demand I pet him while Speedy kept an eye out on things.

Rambo enjoyed running around after other dogs when they paying no mind, but when they did notice he would run back to me.  Rambo let a strange man pet him (not the man was strange, but he was a stranger to Rambo). To us this is a HUGE step forward as Rambo doesn't let people, especially men, pet him unless the person is really really well known to him. We saw several horses riding near the fence. Both boys paid them no mind. I think because the horses didn't offer a smelly treat in which both could roll around in.

Overall, it was a great morning of watching Speedy socialize with the dogs and Rambo socialize with the people. I should remember to go more often.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo