[Dailydrool] Getting back to normal here

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Mar 10 22:10:37 PST 2012

I'm sitting here playing Solitaire on the computer, Gracie is trying to
trick me into giving her more treats, and Holly is snoring and dreaming in
her recliner.  It's been a bit over 3 weeks since Anna left for the bridge,
and the girls are finally getting back to normal.  Both miss Anna and were
very subdued for a week or two, and Holly quit eating for a while.  She's
finally eating again, thank goodness, I was getting worried about her.  I
left Anna's beds where they were and laid her collar in her favorite bed,
which seemed to make the other two feel better.

It's really amazing how losing one of the pack throws everything off for all
of us, even the kitties.  When you adopt the seniors, you know that they
won't be with you as long as you'd like, but it's a wonderful thing to know
that you took an old doggie that no one wanted and gave them a great life
for their last years.  They know they're loved and wanted, and they give you
so much love and devotion in return.  Everyone should be lucky enough to
adopt a senior.  I imagine Anna will send us another senior who needs us
when the time is right.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net