[Dailydrool] gastric emptying

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Tue Mar 13 07:49:51 PDT 2012

Terry, I used to have a hound with trouble with gastric emptying issues.  She acted completely normal.  It was just a lot of work on our part.  We had to give her sulcrafate, Pepcid A/C and reglan.  At this point I don't remember the order, but we had to give one med, wait 30 minutes, give two meds, wait 30 minutes and then feed her two times a day.  Sorry I don't remember the exact order.  She went to the bridge 10 years ago.  She was also very prone to ulcers.  We never gave her pred for the stomach issues.  We also didn't have her on low fat food.  It wasn't high fat, but it wasn't low fat.  She had allergies and arthritis so she was on fish oil for both conditions.  Of course nothing got that dog down.  She was a regular trooper.  I would be wondering why the dog is on pred though and why he is so down in the dumps.  That is not normal and something is decidedly off.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford and Bugsey