[Dailydrool] Gates at the door

Ross Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:41:49 PDT 2012

I agree on the gates at the front door. Depending on the set up, you can put up a baby gate or set up an expen around the door area. It may need some eye bolts to secure to the wall and keep the hounds from pushing it back, but small ones don't make much of a hole and are easily filled in a rental.
In my current house the entry is right at the stairs with just the end of the banister on one side and I had a real hard time getting a gate secured. I took a couple of those white wire shelves tied them together and mounted them to the wall sideways so they are like a bifold door. I use a couple of small dog collars to secure them to the banister as the the hounds figured out how to spring bungee cords and pulled open Velcro straps. The quick release dog collars work great! Hounds don't have thumbs.

 Anyway, that was my solution to the door issue. Now, they are either secured in crates or by the gate any time the door is open. Puts an end the "The Great Escape".

Drool to all~
Synthia and crew

Sent from my Verizon iPhone