[Dailydrool] dog sitting and hound escapes

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Mar 17 10:08:35 PDT 2012

I had to laugh at Kacy's post and ask myself "how many times have I thought this very same thought since I started working at doggie daycare"  Don't get me wrong, I love all dogs especially hounds and larger dogs. I will admit that I am not to found of the little yippy or lap dogs...just me but it seems the smaller the dog the more like a rat or mop it is and not a dog.Ohhh and the little dog with big dog syndrome!!! WTH?   I apologize to any little dog owners no offense intended...just my view. Anyway after I have worked my 5 hours at daycare I come home and just hug my boyz and tell them that compard to most they are perfect little angels.  We have a lot of Labs & Retrievers at Daycare: Just try to fill up a water bowl around them...dare you.  If you are lucky it last five minutes before one of the labs or retrievers are in in and splashing all of the water out of the bowl.  The young boxers and rottie try to intimidate the others at daycare and will even bully some of the less stronger personality dogs. The older boxers want a 5 foot personal zone and will fight for to keep it. We have a corgie that trys to herd the incoming and outgoing dogs by nipping ankles and another cattle dog that wants to herd all the playing dogs by barking in their faces. We have a couple of English Bulldogs that have OCD....one is obcessed with been sprayed with the water hose and a big red plastic ball.  She has even jumped up and mouth grabbed my hand for the water house. Plus I think that that she would go through glass or a screen door to get to the ball.  We also have a great dane that comes and she is a good dog but is just so unaware of anything below her nose. She is just a big goofy girl.  Rambo the dane mix that i sometimes baby sit for is the same way.  He minds very well but just wants to literally be under someones hand all of the time.  Kind of annoying at 5:15 am when you just get out of bed and are in that give me a moment to wake up mode.  Rambo also ran through a sliding screen door becasue I said outside...he just went...right on through the screen like it wasn't even there. Funny thing is that our 2 beagles that come to daycare are two of our best dogs. Baxter just wants to run and play with everyone, and Ms. Bea just wants pets but will wait patiently for you to give them to her...she is an older beagle though. The two bassets that come to our daycare just want to come out sniff the yard, go in get their baths and go home...unless someone is petting them...They are 2 brothers out of the same litter about 4yrs old and you do not seperate the brothers (just like my two)...They will just bark and bay and howl. So for your ears sake, do not seperate the basset brothers. I imagine it would be the same with my two as well.
Even though I love all dogs, I don't think that I would own or be owned by any other breed other than a basset.

Michele happy to be slave & Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "See we are angles and not damn basset"
Ruger "Yes, Yes now show your appreciation and make me some liver jerky"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...