[Dailydrool] Catching up on the DD

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:44:34 PDT 2012

I've been out of town for a week quilting at a NC beach with friends. What
a treat! I wasn't able to take any of the Houndettes with me and went
through basset hound withdrawal but it was a great break. I'm way behind on
the DD and trying to catch up. First, good for you Debbie! You go girl!
We'll always bail you out if you need it but you did a great job verbally
kicking your neighbors butt! When will people teach their kids how to treat
animals and be good citizens by helping their neighbors out?!? I just find
this mind boggling!

Nancy, your friend with the puppy needs to find a qualified vet. I don't
think I'd take a sick snake to the vet she consulted with. They obviously
don't know anything or, worse yet, don't care. We all know canine epilepsy
is very treatable....if that's what it really is! She definitely needs to
take the puppy to a qualified vet for a good exam and proper testing.

I guess this is the week for questions. Our Shadow has extremely dry skin
and is flaking all over the place. She's black so it's more obvious with
her than it would be with my tricolored girls. Do any of you have a
suggestion for a good shampoo for her? She doesn't need a shampoo with flea
meds in it because she's topically treated with antiflea meds. I was
actually thinking about using a people dandruff shampoo on her but I'm
afraid of the chemicals in it. Dogs react differently to chemicals than we
do so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Heart healing and get well drool laced with prayers from me is being slung
from the Houndettes to all in need. It's good being home and catching up
with all of you!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger