[Dailydrool] entangled and afraid of the dark

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 10:50:07 PDT 2012

Good morning droolers,

My morning was not smooth.  LuLu is afraid of the dark.  She is perfect when the
sun is up, goes outside to do her business, no issues.  But, we found from the
beginning, she will pee inside if it is dark out and she has to go.  In the
evening she goes for a walk after dark and goes then.  Right before I go to bed
someone has to go out with her.  If Cyrus or Snoopy has to go then it's fine.
Else, I have to walk all the way out to the grass and wait with her while she
pees ... or she won't go.  The problem is the morning.  When I get up ....
frankly ... I'd like to go.  But ... it is still dark outside now with daylight
savings time when I get up.  So .... if I can keep LuLu on the bed with the
other dogs it's fine.  But, this morning she woke up all happy to be alive and
bounching all over creation and when I got up I stopped in my bathroom and she
jumped off the bed and was charging all over and by the time I came down the
hall she had peed halfway down the hall.  She hasn't done this in 2 or 3 days
.... it only happens if I need to stop myself before taking her outside.  Now,
she has only lived with us a little more than 2 weeks.  And she's had a total of
maybe half a dozen accidents ... all when it was dark outside.  So, I know very
well we are LUCKY .... LuLu was not used to living in a house.  However, if
anybody has any ideas other than what I am doing (going with her when it's dark)
please let me know.  And no, the outside light doesn't help.

So, let's see ... I soaked up the pee with a towel and treated the spot and fed
the dogs and everybody went outside and I went too ... to pick up the yard.  So
I got my scooper and I was scooping and the dogs headed down into the gated side
yard (I had left the gate to the side yard open) when the trouble ensued.
Snoopy and Cyrus came charging to get me and I followed them .... poor LuLu had
chased a critter back behind the Jasmine which is growing up a trellis ... and
she tried to climb up into the Jasmine after it .... and got hopelessly tangled
up .... her legs where tangled up and her head was tangled up ... what a mess
.... I managed to support her while I freed her back half .... and then one
front leg, and then her head, and then finally got her down on the ground while
I untangled the last of the jasmine vines from her front foot .... and she's
fine.  Thank Dog she didn't get hurt and she was just chasing and dancing around
.... the three of them went scampering back into the yard and I shut the gate to
the side yard.

Sheesh.  What a morning.  I love you LuLu .... but this morning was not smooth.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

--The clueless (and somewhat breathless) momPerson with Snoopy (she was stuck)
and Cyrus (she didn't even holler) and LuLu (I almost got it .... I'm telling
Colt and Ruger you guys didn't even try and I almost got it)