[Dailydrool] Dirty Looks from the kids - kibble only

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:53:47 PDT 2012

We've gone through this many times. James' dad used to live with us
and feed the boys a bite of whatever for every bite he took. Drove us
nuts, messed with Cowboy's belly, and made Rupert gain weight.

When Cowboy got sick from bacon grease, we finally told him "cheese
only" so the boys were then getting a sprinkle of cheddar on every
meal. As if that was necessary!! Well once the FIL moved out, those
boys didn't know what hit them. Kibble only? No cheese? Talk about a
hunger strike! But honestly a few days and a little hot water and they
were right back to eating straight kibble. I think it hurt me more to
watch them skip meals then it did them.

We still go through it occasionally when they get something extra here
and there, or around the holidays. But they snap right back within a
couple days and I figure if they're willing to skip meals for lack of
toppings, then they are more than fine. But man, those eyes are good
at making us feel guilty.

Stay strong. Add some warm water if you must, but they'll eventually
eat their kibble. Don't worry!

Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert