[Dailydrool] Prednisone and aggression

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 12:03:02 PDT 2012

Once or twice I have been on prednisone, and I mean to tell you, it made me very cranky. Yes, it is an uncontrollable crankiness, as someone already commented (I think it was Eliz. Lindsey). You know you shouldn't be irritated, but you just can't help yourself. Imagine what that's like to a dog, which doesn't know what's going on or why he feels that way.

Abner bit me twice while he was still on pred. The third time must have simply been a bad day for him, perhaps one in which he felt pain. I can't really blame him, now that I think about it, for those first two times, because when I took that drug, Icould easily have bitten anyone who got in my way.

Pred should be used as little as possible. It's a nasty drug, between the crankiness and the constant peeing it engenders.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who speaks from personal experience.