[Dailydrool] Two meals under their belts and counting!

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:36:05 PDT 2012

First, I want to thank Anita and all the other Droolers who have sent me
some amazing advice on what and how they get their hounds to eat. It's
amazing how Droolers always come through. I'm incorporating several things
and here's what happened last night: I stopped by the store and bought a
bunch of different items and at the checkout realized that only one of
those items was for my consumption but what else is new. I had some
leftover chicken in the fridge, so I tore it into small pieces, added a can
of salt-free green beans, and a can of low-sodium broth, then heated it up.
Now here's the kicker, I put it in my blender and whirred it a couple of
times making it more of a soupy consistency. I then added a smidge to the
foster girls diet kibble and a nice ladle-full of it to Quincy and Cleo's
kibble. They stuck their heads in their bowls and didn't come up until the
bowls were empty!!!!! Holy smoke, are we onto something here? And again
this morning, same thing. Yippee, yahoo!!!!!

Before I left for work, I threw some long-grain rice in the crockpot with a
Tbsp. of beef bouillon granules and am letting that cook down today. Then
when I get home, I'll cook some meat, add it to the soup along with some
veggies, and will "mush" it up again. And last night, I put a spoon of
pumpkin in everyone's bowl and this morning, a handful of Fiber One into
the bowls. Keep your fingers crossed that they keep up the good work!
Thanks Droolers, you're the best.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."